Family and Personal:
Sen. Bowling is married with three children and five grandchildren and is a former special education teacher.
She is a member of Arnold Community Council, Motlow Ladies’ Philanthropic Society, Southern Tennessee Ladies’ Society, NRA, Air Force Materiel Command Community Liaison Program, Multi-County Cancer Support Network; Tennessee’s Backroads Heritage, Horse Play, Inc., Eagle Forum, Alpha Chi Omega, and Social Sorority Grace Baptist Church.
Councils and Boards:
She serves as Deputy Speaker and is the State Executive Committee Woman for Senate District 16. She is also President of Tennessee’s Backroads Heritage and Chairman of the March of Dimes.
Senator Janice Bowling (R), District 16, has served in the Tennessee State Senate since 2013. She is a credit to her office and to her constituents. She has earned a vote score of 96% in a very tough year for making courageous votes, placing her in the #2 spot in the senate. Her leadership grade, which is based on various courageous acts, sponsorships and co-sponsorships, is an A+.
Senator Bowling sponsored a number of very strong bills, advocating for our rights, two of which TLRC scored:
- HB1870/SB1880 – No action against doctors for Covid stance.
- HB1960/SB1884 – No government vaccine mandates
Bowling opposed every bill TLRC opposed with the exception of one.
- HB1201/SB1005 Changes in campaign finance giving advantage to incumbents; limiting freedom of speech, discouraging small donors. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK5Ov35oRxI
- HB2142/SB2395 – “Juneteenth” as an official Tennessee holiday
- HB2309/SB2464 – Allows professional licenses for illegal immigrants in Tennessee
- HB2609/SB2890 – Cincinnati Reds 80% tax-break for Chattanooga farm team
- HB2886/SB2901 – Provides $500M for Titans to build new stadium
- HB8002/SB8002 – Provides $678,218,300 of taxpayer money for Ford to build an electric vehicle plant in W. TN
Corporate welfare in all forms should be opposed. Our state government should not be giving economic advantages to any public or private for-profit entities. Let the free market pick the winners and losers. Bowling understands this.
The one bill that Senator Bowling supported with which we took issue:
- HB0204/SB0136 – “The Crown Act” protecting ethnic hairstyles in the work place
There were a number of TLRC-scored bills that Senator Bowling supported that support education reform, medical freedom, second amendment rights, fiscal responsibility, governmental transparency, election integrity, and constitutional fidelity.
Her Leadership Grade of A+ was well deserved. We need more members like Senator Janice Bowling.
Average for All Members
Auditable paper trail voting machines
Recognition of natural immunity
No government vaccine mandates
Protection for vaccine exemptions
No restrictions on church activities in emergencies
Provides money for the Titans to build a new stadium
Requires high schools to teach the virtues of capitalism
Redefines "obscene" to include educational material