Becky Duncan Massey
Family and Personal:
Sen. Massey is married with two children and one grandchild and is the Executive Director of the Sertoma Center.
She is a member of Cedar Springs Presbyterian Church, Downtown Sertoma Club, Leadership Knoxville-Class of 2005, Alpha Omicron Pi Alumnae, Charity Auction Volunteers, and the Akima Club.
Councils and Boards:
She is president of Tennessee Community Organizations.
Senator Becky Duncan Massey (R), District 6, has served in the Tennessee State Senate since 2011. Senator Massey earned a vote score of 68% placing her right in the middle of the 33 member body. Her Leadership grade of D- is based on sponsorships, co-sponsorships, amendments and other acts, both good (+) and bad (-).
Massey Supported every TLRC-opposed bill:
- HB0204/SB0136 The Crown Act- protecting ethnic hairstyles in the work place
- HB1201/SB1005 Changes in campaign finance giving advantage to incumbents; limiting freedom of speech. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK5Ov35oRxI
- HB2142/SB2395 – “Juneteenth” as an official Tennessee holiday
- HB2309/SB2464 – Allows professional licenses for illegal immigrants in Tennessee. https://tennesseestar.com/2022/04/13/tennessee-general-assembly-may-enable-illegal-immigrants-to-acquire-commercial-and-professional-licenses/
- HB2609/SB2890 – Cincinnati Reds 80% tax-break for Chattanooga farm team
- HB2886/SB2901 – Provides $500M for Titans to build new stadium
- HB8002/SB8002 – Provides $678,218,300 of taxpayer money for Ford to build an electric vehicle plant in W. TN
Corporate welfare in all forms should be opposed. Our state government should not be giving economic advantages to any public or private for-profit entities. Let the free market pick the winners and losers. Jobs would come to Tennessee if we were actually to reform our education system and to educate instead of indoctrinate. A well-educated workforce would be unique in America and every business would want to be in our right-to-work, no income tax state. Senator Massey should rethink these handouts.
Massey also opposed HB1870/SB1880, a bill that would prohibit taking action against doctors for advocating a contrary (to CDC, WHO, etc.) Covid stance.
Senator Massey did support a number of TLRC-endorsed bills, supporting education reform, medical freedom, second amendment rights, fiscal responsibility, governmental transparency, election integrity, and constitutional fidelity.
It is time to get serious and be a force for liberty for the middle class instead of the monied elite.