Family and Personal:
Sen. Lamar graduated from Saint Mary’s College with a major in political science and double minors in sociology and intercultural studies.
She is a member of the National Organization of Black Elected Legislative (NOBEL) Women, Emerge Tennessee, Young Democrats of America, New Leaders Council Nashville, and the Tennessee Democratic Party.
Councils and Boards:
She is the president of the Young Democrats of Shelby County and secretary of the Tennessee Black Caucus of State Legislatures.
Sen. Lamar followed the Democrat party line and voted against bills chosen for education reform, medical freedom, second amendment rights, fiscal responsibility, governmental transparency, election integrity, and constitutional fidelity. Sen. Lamar earned a vote score of 7% and a leadership grade of F based on her sponsorships and other meritorious or deleterious actions.
Here are some of the bills Sen. Lamar supported:
• HB0204/SB0136 The Crown Act- protecting ethnic hairstyles in the workplace. [Passed]
• HB1944/SB1944 porn in libraries, criminal offense Amended [Failed in S. Judiciary]
• HB2309/SB2464 Allows professional licenses for illegal immigrants in Tennessee. [Passed]
• HB2331/SB2558 Auditable paper trail voting machines. [Passed]
Here are some of the TLRC-endorsed bills Sen. Lamar opposed:
• HB1137/SB1197 No restrictions on church activities in declared emergency. [Passed]
• HB1749/SB2285 Court decisions de novo, not based on a state agency’s interpretation. [Passed]
• HB1871/SB1982 Recognition that natural immunity is equal or superior to vaccine. [Passed]
• HB2128/SB2245 Election integrity measures. [Passed]
• HB2222/SB2264 Holds officials accountable for resettled refugees. [Failed in S. Judiciary]
• HB2454/SB2292 Redefines “obscene” to include educational material in K-12 making it unlawful. [Passed]
• HB2525/SB2545 Improvement in Asset forfeiture law. [Failed S. Judiciary]
• HB2742/SB2728 Requires public high schools to teach virtues of capitalism and constitution. [Passed]
• HB2746/SB2188 Makes Ivermectin available over the counter. [Passed]
Democrat ideas and policies do not correspond with the TN or US constitutions. They do little to advance the well-being of their constituents or the population in general. They would do well to examine the motives of those by whom they are guided.