Family and Personal:
Sen. Rose is married with three children and six grandchildren. He is the President of Rose Construction.
He is a member of First Baptist Church of Covington, TN, and Hatchie River Region Boys and Girls Club.
Councils and Boards:
He is a board member of the Dyersburg State Foundation and the Tennessee Baptist Children’s Home Board of Trustees.
Senator Rose (R), District 32, has served in the Tennessee State Senate since 2019. He has a nice vote score of 79% and a B on Leadership. Leadership grades are based on sponsorships, co-sponsorships, amendments and other acts, both good (+) and bad (-). There is room for improvement.
Rose supported all but four of the TLRC-endorsed bills. Here is what he supported:
- HB1749/SB2285 – Court decisions de novo, not based on a state agency’s interpretation. This bill got amended and severely watered down. No surprise; Bell. This could have been a truly great bill.
- HB1867/SB1823 – Vaccine exemptions protected. Must have Dr. written statement and could go to court if employer insists on the vax.
- HB1871/SB1982 – Recognition that natural immunity is equal or superior to vaccine
- HB1960/SB1884 – No government vaccine mandates
- HB2128/SB2245 – Election integrity measures
- HB2222/SB2264 – Holds officials accountable for resettled refugees
- HB2316/SB2153 – No males in girls’ sports
- HB2331/SB2558 – Auditable paper trail voting machines
- HB2454/SB2292 – Redefines “obscene” to include educational material in K-12 making it unlawful
- HB2666/SB2247 – Requires Textbook Commission to provide a list of approved material to GA members
- HB2742/SB2728 – Requires public high schools to teach virtues of capitalism and constitution
- HB2746/SB2188 – Makes Ivermectin available over the counter.
These are the bills that Senator Rose supported that TLRC opposed:
- HB0204/SB0136 The Crown Act- protecting ethnic hairstyles in the work place
- HB2609/SB2890 – Cincinnati Reds 80% tax-break for Chattanooga farm team
- HB8002/SB8002 – Provides $678,218,300 of taxpayer money for Ford to build an electric vehicle plant in W. TN
Corporate welfare in all forms should be opposed. Our state government should not be giving economic advantages to any public or private for-profit entities. Let the free market pick the winners and losers. Jobs would come to Tennessee if we were actually to reform our education system and to educate instead of indoctrinate. A well-educated workforce would be unique in America and every business would want to be in our right-to-work, no income tax state. Senator Rose should rethink these handouts.
This is one bill that TLRC endorsed but Senator Rose opposed:
- HB2525/SB2545 – Improvement in Asset forfeiture law. Law enforcement are against these reforms because of potential loss of revenue–but is it legitimate revenue or legal theft?
We hope listing these bills tells you what you need to know about your General Assembly members. We encourage you to reach out and let them know how you feel about the various issues.
To contact members go to: https://www.capitol.tn.gov