Family and Personal:
Rep. Potts is married with two children and is a general contractor.
He is a member of Haywood Neighbors, East Tusculum Neighborhood Group, Habitat for Humanity, and Tennessee Farm Bureau.
Rep. Potts followed the Democrat party line and voted against bills chosen for education reform, medical freedom, second amendment rights, fiscal responsibility, governmental transparency, election integrity, and constitutional fidelity. Rep. Potts earned a vote score of 11% and a leadership grade of F based on his sponsorships and other meritorious or deleterious actions.
Here are some of the bills Rep. Potts supported:
• HB0204/SB0136 The Crown Act- protecting ethnic hairstyles in the workplace. [Passed]
• HB1944/SB1944 porn in libraries, criminal offense Amended [Failed in S. Judiciary]
• HB2309/SB2464 Allows professional licenses for illegal immigrants in Tennessee. [Passed]
• HB2454/SB2292 Redefines “obscene” to include educational material in K-12 making it unlawful. [Passed]
• HB2886/SB2901 Provides $500M for Titans to build new stadium. [Passed]
• HB8002/SB8002 Provides $678,218,300 of taxpayer money for Ford to build an electric vehicle plant in W. TN. [Passed]
Here are some of the TLRC-endorsed bills Rep. Potts opposed:
• HB1137/SB1197 No restrictions on church activities in declared emergency. [Passed]
• HB1871/SB1982 Recognition that natural immunity is equal or superior to vaccine. [Passed]
• HB2742/SB2728 Requires public high schools to teach virtues of capitalism and constitution. [Passed]
Democrat ideas and policies do not correspond with the TN or US constitutions. They do little to advance the well-being of their constituents or the population in general. They would do well to examine the motives of those by whom they are guided.