Harold Love Jr
Family and Personal:
Rep. Love is pastor of Lee Chapel AME.
He is a member of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc, Prince Hall Lodge #1 F. & A.M., Hella Temple #105 Shriner, United Supreme Council of 33° Mason, NAACP, Tennessee State University Alumni Association, and Middle Tennessee Boy Scout Council.
Councils and Boards:
He is Democratic Caucus Secretary and was House Democratic Caucus Secretary for the 108th. He also serves on the boards of 18th Avenue Family Enrichment and the Tennessee State University Foundation.
Rep. Love followed the Democrat party line and voted against bills chosen for education reform, medical freedom, second amendment rights, fiscal responsibility, governmental transparency, election integrity, and constitutional fidelity. Rep. Love earned a vote score of 11% and a leadership grade of F based on his sponsorships and other meritorious or deleterious actions.
Here are some of the bills Rep. Love supported:
• HB1201/SB1005 Changes in campaign finance giving advantage to incumbents; limiting freedom of speech. [Passed]
• HB1944/SB1944 porn in libraries, criminal offense Amended [Failed in S. Judiciary]
• HB2067/SB2189 Would reduce number of votes necessary to keep a minor party on ballot. [Failed to pass house]
• HB2128/SB2245 Election integrity measures. [Passed]
• HB2309/SB2464 Allows professional licenses for illegal immigrants in Tennessee. [Passed]
• HB2331/SB2558 Auditable paper trail voting machines. [Passed]
• HB2454/SB2292 Redefines “obscene” to include educational material in K-12 making it unlawful. [Passed]
• HB2609/SB2890 Cincinnati Reds 80% tax-break for Chattanooga farm team. [Passed]
• HB2886/SB2901 Provides $500M for Titans to build new stadium. [Passed]
• HB8002/SB8002 Provides $678,218,300 of taxpayer money for Ford to build an electric vehicle plant in W. TN. [Passed]
Rep. Love did not support these bills:
• HB1749/SB2285 Court decisions de novo, not based on a state agency’s interpretation. [Passed]
• HB1867/SB1823 Vaccine exemptions protected. [Passed]
• HB1871/SB1982 Recognition that natural immunity is equal or superior to vaccine. [Passed]
• HB1880/SB1830 School boards- give public freedom to speak. [Killed in H. Ed. Admin]
• HB1960/SB1884 No government vaccine mandates [Passed]
• HB2316/SB2153 No males in girls’ sports. [Passed]
• HB2666/SB2247 Requires Textbook Commission to provide a list of approved material to GA members. [Passed]
• HB2742/SB2728 Requires public high schools to teach virtues of capitalism and constitution. [Passed]
• HB2746/SB2188 Makes Ivermectin available over the counter. [Passed]
Democrat ideas and policies do not correspond with the TN or US constitutions. They do little to advance the well-being of their constituents or the population in general. They would do well to examine the motives of those by whom they are guided.
Average for All Members
Excludes LEA's from ability to use obscenity exception
Auditable paper trail voting machines
Recognition of natural immunity
No government vaccine mandates
Protection for vaccine exemptions
Provides money for the Titans to build a new stadium
Requires high schools to teach the virtues of capitalism
Redefines "obscene" to include educational material