House District 01
Family and Personal:
Rep. Crawford is married with one child and is owner of both Plaques, Etc. and Able Printers. He was also a reserve police officer for 18 years and is current captain of the Kingsport Police Reserve Program.
He is a member of the Kingsport Tomorrow, Jericho Shrine Public Relations Committee, Grand Lodge for State of Tennessee Appeals and Grievance Committee, 32nd Degree Mason, Masonic Lodge #688, Past Master, NRA, and associate member of Greater ksp. RW and Bristol RW.
Councils and Boards:
He serves as House Majority Assistant Floor Leader. He is also a board member of the Bloomingdale Volunteer Fire Dept.
Representative John Crawford has a vote score of 63%, placing him #58-61 (ties) in a body of 99. His leadership grade of C places him at #32. Leadership grades are based on sponsorships, co-sponsorships, amendments, both meritorious (+) and deleterious (-), and other bold and courageous acts (+) or furtive, unprincipled acts (-).
TLRC scores and grades reflect the entire process, not just end results. We count every vote on every selected bill. Bills are selected for their value to ordinary Tennesseans, or their insult to those values. We encourage our General Assembly members to support the former and oppose the latter. When they don’t, they lose points.
Representative Crawford supported the following TLRC endorsed bills:
- HB1871/SB1982 – Recognition that natural immunity is equal or superior to vaccine
- HB1960/SB1884 – No government vaccine mandates
- HB2128/SB2245 – Election integrity measures. (weak)
- HB2316/SB2153 – No males in girls’ sports
- HB2331/SB2558 – Auditable paper trail voting machines
- HB2454/SB2292 – Redefines “obscene” to include educational material in K-12 making it unlawful
- HB2666/SB2247 – Requires Textbook Commission to provide a list of approved material to GA members
- HB2742/SB2728 – Requires HS to teach virtues of capitalism and the constitution
- HB2746/SB2188 – Makes Ivermectin available over the counter.HB2886/SB2901 – Provides $500M for Titans to build new stadium
- HB1137/SB1197 – No restrictions on church activities in declared emergency
- HB1749/SB2285 – Court decisions de novo, not based on a state agency’s interpretation
- HB1867/SB1823 – Vaccine exemptions protected
Here is a TLRC-opposed bill that Representative Crawford also opposed:
- HB1201/SB1005Changes in campaign finance giving advantage to incumbents; limiting freedom of speech. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK5Ov35oRxI
- HB2309/SB2464 – Allows professional licenses for illegal immigrants in Tennessee. https://tennesseestar.com/2022/04/13/tennessee-general-assembly-may-enable-illegal-immigrants-to-acquire-commercial-and-professional-licenses/
- HB2609/SB2890 – Cincinnati Reds 80% tax-break for Chattanooga farm team
- HB2886/SB2901 – Provides $500M for Titans to build new stadium
Average for All Members
Excludes LEA's from ability to use obscenity exception
Auditable paper trail voting machines
Recognition of natural immunity
No government vaccine mandates
Protection for vaccine exemptions
No restrictions on church activities in emergencies
Provides money for the Titans to build a new stadium
Requires high schools to teach the virtues of capitalism